perl

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Mon Jul 28 18:35:35 UTC 2008

There's no such thing as a quick Perl question. :)

Your declaration looks wrong to me.  I don't know what the ":DEFAULT"
means in your declaration, but I don't see it in the documentation on CPAN.

Try declaring it the way the docs suggest.
If you prefer not to import these routines into your namespace, you can
call them as:

   use HTML::Entities ();
   $decoded = HTML::Entities::decode($a);
   $encoded = HTML::Entities::encode($a);
   $encoded = HTML::Entities::encode_numeric($a);

Here's the link at CPAN to the usage.
http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/HTML-Parser-3.56/lib/HTML/Entities.pm

--
veritatas simplex oratio est