NFS problems between RHEL4 U3 and RHEL4U6

jerry.feldman at algorithmics.com jerry.feldman at algorithmics.com
Mon Jul 14 15:57:30 UTC 2008

RHEL4U3 is running a 2.6.9-34 kernel with nfs utils 1.0.6-65.
RHEL4U6 is running 2.6.9-64 kernel with 1.0.6-84.

I am also aware that there was a spinlock issue in the Update 3 kernel
that affected us on a several hundred system benchmark a couple of years
ago, with a patch that was supposed to be in Update 6. I don't think the
spinlock bug is the issue, but it does look like some type of locking
issue. The reason I don't think we are running into the spinlock issue
is that we are not driving the systems heavily.

--
Jerry Feldman <Jerry.Feldman at algorithmics.com>
Algorithmics (US), Inc

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and proprietary to Algorithmics Incorporated and its affiliates ("Algorithmics"). If received in error, use is prohibited. Please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Algorithmics does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. Any commitment intended to bind Algorithmics must be reduced to writing and signed by an authorized signatory.