Forcing users to change password at login - Probably "Again"

Hari N hari2n at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:32:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Ben Kevan <ben.kevan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope, I did su from my normal user account. If from root, I would expect no
> requirement for password prompt either (as it should / would just switch
> your
> user for you).
>
> Ben

I think it is because of a OS level configuration. I just did a check on old
Unix flavors - NCR Unix and HP-UX. When I did a su from a non-root user to
another user id whose password has expired, it won't let me login at all. It
does not prompt me to change the password nor does it allow me to login with
the old password. The only message I get is "incorrect password" and the
only way to I am able to set a new password is by starting a new ssh
session.

Hari