How can I install and configure yum in RedHat 4.0 AS?

Chet Nichols III chet.nichols at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 21:06:05 UTC 2008

we run yum 2.6.0-1 on RHEL4 without a problem.
check out the yum page at http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download.ptml.
the yum 2.6.X link is what you're interested in (
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/2.6/). there should be a .tar.gz
and a src rpm to choose from. from there you just need to set up your config
files.. there *should* be an example /etc/yum.conf and
/etc/yum.repos.d/base.repo that get installed/come with it.

good luck!

chet

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Julivan Silva <techsolaris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> *Hello, *
> **
> *I'm trying to install and configure in red Hat 4.0 AS, but I'm can't make
> this go on... *
> *Someone could give me a solution or indicate some page.. *
> **
> *Thanks in advanced..*
> *Bye*

chet nichols III