cpu boot information

Chet Nichols III chet.nichols at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:00:17 UTC 2008

look in /proc/cpuinfo

you can also use dmidecode - if its not installed, it should be in the
kernel-utils rpm. it's also really handy for checking out hardware info.
you'll need to run it via sudo.

note that if hyperthreading is enabled (you'll see an 'ht' in the cpu flags
section), you'll see 2x the number of cpus, since enabling hyperthreading
makes a single cpu show up as 2 cpus under linux.

chet

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Larry D Sorensen <larry.sorensen at juno.com>
wrote:

> Where can I find information on my cpu such as the number of cores, etc.?
> I looked at dmesg and could not find anything definitive. I am running
> 32bit and I want to see if the cpu is a 64bit cpu also. I am running
> RedHat 5.
>
> Larry

chet nichols III
chet.nichols at gmail.com