installing a python program....

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Jul 24 23:57:19 UTC 2008

Chaim Rieger wrote:
> m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>> Chaim,
>>

>>> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:37:54 -0700

>>> is elementtree a prereq ?
>>
>> Yup. And they also don't mention that I needed to install
>> cElementTree, but I see reference to that in the setup.py.
>>
> install elementtree (1.2.6) from http://effbot.org/downloads#elementtree

Sorry if I wasn't clear. In the manual for supervisor, they list four prereq's,
and I installed all four, including elementtree. Then, just today, reading the
code of the setup.py, I saw that it referenced cElementTree, and found that was
*separate*, and I d/l'd and installed *that*.

When I go into python from the command line, I can issue the command that it
gags on:
$ from elementtree import ElementTree
and that succeeds. It's the setup script that seems to be unable to find it.

	mark