login delay without Internet

Thomas Fess dfezz1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 16:20:00 UTC 2008

Add your server to it's own host file (/etc/hosts) once it resolves itself will login much quicker.  I had the same issue, while running a kickstart server on one of my servers and it took forever to login, and the issue was the dhcp server i had running for kickstart, was the first nameserver in the /etc/resolv.conf.  The host file fixed it.