how to add driver module to initrd ?

Patil, Manjiri S mpatil at bu.edu
Mon Jul 28 13:55:55 UTC 2008

Hi ,

After using Disk imaging software my destination machine doesn't boot
because kernel on source machine doesn't have necessary driver modules
for RAID Controller on destination machine which is Poweredge 2950
running PERC 6/i RAID controller .

I want to add megaraid driver module to source machine RHEL kernel
running 2.6.9-67.0.4.ELsmp. So after imaging , I booted destination
machine using RHEL 5 rescue disk , mounted all partitions , did chown
/mnt/sysimage and can see following modules loaded

$ lsmod

megaraid_sas           71677  2

How do I add megaraid_sas module to kernel image ?

Thanks