ACL

Broekman, Maarten Maarten.Broekman at FMR.COM
Mon Jul 28 15:25:21 UTC 2008

This is the point I was trying to make.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  If
there's no legal reason for the sysadmins to access the particular data,
then there's no reason for them to object to having SELinux policies in
place to enforce the written (or unwritten) policy.

SELinux in no way reduces the need to hire trustworthy people.  It
probably increases the need to do so since you have to hire people you
can trust to correctly implement the policies.

Maarten Broekman
Email: maarten.broekman at fmr.com

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Laszlo BERES
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:20 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: ACL

hike wrote:

> It is unethical for sysadmins to access this data without a specific
reason
> and approval.
> If you cannot trust your sysadmins to act in an ethical fashion, YOU
have
> screwed up big-time.
>
> YOU hire trustworthy people.
> YOU train trustworthy people.

Well, you're right, but imagine a world, where your sysadmins _cannot_
access the data for legal or national security or other reasons. There's

no place for trustworthiness or 'I swear I won't touch anything', you
_have_ to restrict the access rights.

--
Laszlo BERES	 RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer