Installing tomcat5 on RHEL4

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 22:33:05 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 12:06:28 pm you wrote:
> Ben Kevan wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 July 2008 10:31:45 am Chaim Rieger wrote:
> >> Ben Kevan wrote:
> >>
> >> post the output of the following please
> >>
> >> netstat -an | grep 8080
> >
> >  netstat -an | grep 8080
> > tcp        0      0 :::8080                     :::*
> > LISTEN
> >
> > Ben
>
> so tomcate is definitly running
>
> can you deploy a war file
> download the liferay war file and is should auto deploy

It was running.. for some reason the tomcat 5 installation doesn't include
test servelets and the main pages (I come from a suse background, and it does
include it). I verified this by going into the webapps folder

/usr/share/tomcat5/webapps

Subsequently when I installed tomcat from source on my production box (I was
brining up a dev box to test getting PHP working on tomcat) everything was
included.. but this damn tomcat5 rpm from rhn was not..

Have you experienced the same?

Ben