Growing Clustered LVM2 volumes

Joel Heenan jheenan at fairfaxmedia.com.au
Thu Jun 12 01:43:55 UTC 2008

This was and still is an option however there is a cost involved in each
LUN in terms of licenses and CA (syncing to DR site) and so forth. From
a SAN admininistration perspective it is preferrable to grow LUNs rather
than add new ones.

I have been told by Red Hat support something along the lines of I
should have shutdown the other nodes, made the partition table changes
on one node, then rebooted all three and executed pvresize. Perhaps this
would have been more successful.

Thanks

Joel