Windows and RH

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Mon Jun 16 19:29:27 UTC 2008

I did find some answers on the web.

http://neosmart.net/  has some software easybcd  which will enable you
to change the bootloader of Vista to enable booting
into linux.

In case you didn't save a copy of grub.conf before the Windows
installation, there is a program  ext2ifs that allows you to
mount ext2/ext3 partitions on Windows.

These notes are from a web page by James Bannan, June 2008.

When I went to mount the ext3 partition of RedHat to get a copy of
grub.conf, I found
that between the students and my colleague, there were two copies of
Vista installed on the system and no RedHat.

In one sense the problem I was having has been solved.

However, I still get to talk to my enduser.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try out the easybcd.