Issues with top

Knabe, Troy knabe at 4j.lane.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:42:00 UTC 2008

I have a development box that has Oracle Application Server on it.  Yesterday we received a complaint that it was "slow" and top showed 0% idle and load averages of 15+ across all three settings.  Then after a minute or two cpu went back to 99% idle but even today the load averages show 15+, but the CPU continues to be 99% idle.  There does not appear to be i/o wait, and after the minute or two yesterday performance of the application is as expected.  Anyone else seen issues with top like this before?

Thanks
-Troy