graphical console

Marcos Trazzini mstrazzini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:38:18 UTC 2008

>                 how we can increase graphical console in redhat linux 5???

Humm... It depends on what do you mean by "graphical console" and what
is you general idea about "increase". If you want to have a bigger
console window on Gnome/KDE desktop should be enough to use the mouse
to resize it or even maximize.... (just kidding...)

Another point: I suppose that you mean "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5"...
because Red Hat version 5 is quite old nowadays....

Anyway, changing the console framebuffer's resolution (vga=something
on kernel's boot options, as said by Pat) will give you more room for
the console outputted text.

Regards

Marcos S. Trazzini => mstrazzini at gmail.com