USB devices on RHES 5.1 not detected

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 04:47:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

"dmesg" has this :

usb 5-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and addr 7
scsi6 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass storage devices
 Vendor: WDC WD25 Model ...
 Type: Direct-Access
SCSI device sdj: ... 250059MB (Yes, this USB disk is 250Gb)
sdj: Write protect is off
sdj: sdjl

Time stamp of
   /dev/sdj  &
   /dev/usb5.7_ep00  _ep01 _ep82
showed these device files have just been created

Tried :
mount -t usbfs /dev/sdj /mnt
but saw a few weird files in /mnt & not the files I'm
expecting to see.

"-t msdos", "-t autofs", "-t hfs"  won't mount.
So what should I do next as "df -k" still not showing
usb partitions mounted.