EMC Power Path for RH EL 5.2

Troy troya at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:05:46 UTC 2008

We're still running rhel4 because of a problem we had with PowerPath
running on rhel5. You might want to looking into mount options
problems for EMC devices.

I know we had a problem when we set the fsck mount option to 2. During
the boot process PowerPath wasn't enabled yet, so those EMC devices
would fail to mount, because they couldn't be checked. We were left
with either setting that option to 0, and forgoing the check
altogether, or staying with rhel4. We elected to stay at rhel4.