question?

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Jun 19 15:29:32 UTC 2008

>Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:47:22 -0700
>From: "Paula J. Lindsay" <paula at scripps.edu>
>
>Hi everyone,
>This email, unfortunately isn't about rh.  On May 9th I had my back pack
>and it was stolen from me at the San Diego Zoo.  It was
>never retrieved and I had to change everything, locks on my house,
>credit cards, etc... Yesterday I looked at my bank account online
>and I see that red hat charged me $60 on the 10th of May and 15 on the
>11th of May.  I canceled all my credit cards and debit card
>right away on the 9th, therefore, I was no longer able to buy anything
<snip>
This *should* be simple: if you cancelled your credit cards on the 9th, it *should* have propagated by the 10th; therefore, tell them you dispute both charges, since the cards were cancelled due to theft, which you reported in a timely manner. You *should* have no problems with the card company cancelling those charges.

Condolences, btw, that really sucks.

       mark