Advice on setting up a stage environment

abliss at brockport.edu abliss at brockport.edu
Sun Jun 22 12:42:33 UTC 2008

Nabeel
There is not a way to force the creation of a file to be owned by a particular user, however you can control the group ownership of files and directories by setting the sgid bit.  So, you can create a web group for example, add your developers to that group, set the sgid of your web directory, then grant group ownership of all the web content to the web group.  You'll need to pay attention to the permission set of newly created content though (ensure that the web group can always rwx content).

Aaron