Iptables port redirecting CentOS 5.3

Rodrick Brown rbrown at BallistaSec.com
Mon Jun 23 20:40:19 UTC 2008

I'm having some difficulties getting port redirection working can anyone
assist?

Server Interfaces:

eth0:10.0.0.1

eth1:192.168.0.1

My server has two interfaces I need to route any request coming into
port 9002 to an internal server running a service on that same port. I
tried using the following settings:

# echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d 10.0.0.1 --dport 9002 -j DNAT
--to 192.168.0.17:9002

# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -d 192.168.0.17 -j SNAT
--to-source 10.0.0.1

[root at routerhost ~]# iptables -t nat --list

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

DNAT       tcp  --  anywhere           routerhost.domain.com tcp
dpt:dynamid to:192.168.0.17:9002

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

SNAT       all  --  anywhere             targethost.domain.com
to:10.0.0.1

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

svcprd at nyadmlx01 scripts]$ telnet routerhost 9002

Trying 10.0.0.1...

telnet: connect to address 10.0.0.1: Connection refused

If anyone could help much will be appreaciated thanks.

---

Rodrick R. Brown

Ballista Securities, LLC

120 Wall St. Suite 2400