Multipath and friendly names

Allen, Jack Jack.Allen at mckesson.com
Wed Jun 25 21:51:23 UTC 2008

Hello:
	I did not get any response from this, so I will follow up what I
found in case someone does a search on the later.

	After doing some searching on redhat.com I found something that
helped. The user_friendly_name only controls what gets put in
/dev/mapper. The RedHat information stated that /dev/mpath/mpath* should
not be used for LVM because it may not be there during the early part of
booting. The /dev/mapper/mpath* name will be.

Thanks:
Jack Allen