update os

Nabeel Moidu nabeelmoidu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 12:23:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Vivek Mangal
<vivek.mangal9685 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello All,
> Thanks for the reply and help me
> but their is still a problem
> The link which you gave me show these steps, which are

> when i run up2date -u command
> it show me an error
> There was some sort of I/O error: <urlopen error (-3. 'Temporary failure in
> name resolution')>
>
> Now tell me what i do ?

Do you have the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file ?
The steps I'd given was for RHEL based on up2date. I'm not sure whats
the CENTOS equivalent for the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.
Maybe someone with more exp on centos can help you. btw if you do have
the above file, please post the contents of it.

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu