Is there a way to release the leaked memory without reboot the system?

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Thu Jun 26 13:52:34 UTC 2008

I haven't seen any replies to this question, so I'll offer my suggestion.

I'm unaware of any way to release memory other than a reboot of the
system, however I don't have any experience with a clustered system such
as yours.  I would think that best solution is to improve the program
that's causing your memory leak.  If it's written in house, you should
rewrite the code to release memory.  If the program is purchased, then
call the publisher and get them to improve it.

Most programmers are aware of memory leakage and are writing improved
code these days.  I hope this helps.

--
veritatas simplex oratio est
        -Seneca