update os

Vivek Mangal vivek.mangal9685 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 08:24:31 UTC 2008

Thanks to Nabeel Moidu
Its worked.
After comment out all the Yums line up2date -u is worked.

> Hello All,
> Thanks for reply
> In Centos,  /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file is exist, which are
>
> *** Start ***
>
> ### This describes the various package repositories (repos) that up2date
> will
> ### query for packages. It currently supports apt-rpm, yum, and "dir"
repos.

> ### Format is one repository (repo) entry per line, # starts comments, the
> ### first word on each line is the type of repo.
>
> ### The default RHN (using "default" as the url means use the one in the
> ### up2date config file). This is required.
> #up2date default
> ### A local directory full of packages (a "dir" repo). For example:
> #dir my-favorite-rpms /var/spool/RPMS/

uncomment the above line.make sure you have dumped all the rpms for
CentOS4.4 in the /var/spool/RPMS/ folder.

> # Multiple versions of all repos except "up2date" can be used.
Dependencies
> # can be resolved "cross-repo" if need be.
>
> yum centos4-Base http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/$ARCH/
> yum centos4-Updates http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/$ARCH/
> yum centos4-extras http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/extras/$ARCH/
> #yum centos4-contrib http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/contrib/$ARCH/
> yum centos4-addons http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/addons/$ARCH/
> #yum centos4-centosplus
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/$ARCH/

Comment out all the above lines related to centos repositories.

Proceed with up2date -u

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu