Good HOW TO Postfix SMTP auth RH3?

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Mar 17 13:26:16 UTC 2008

Götz Reinicke wrote:
> Mark Haney schrieb:
>> Does anyone know of a good HOWTO on how to get smtp auth working in
>> RHEL3?  I've been banging my head against this for 4 days now and
>> nothing I've googled has got me any farther along.
>
> What is the problem?
>
> Regards
>
> Götz

Well, I can't get it to work.  Yeah I know it's generic, but all the
docs I've read require options (like moving saslauthd run location) that
I don't think apply.

Not to mention, this server has virtual mailboxes for multiple domains
and I have no clue how to get saslauthd setup to allow authentication
for these domains and accounts.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support