USB drives

Jeff Hogg tastin at catchnet.net
Tue Mar 25 20:04:55 UTC 2008

Michael Scully wrote:
> Krishnaprasad:
>
> 	Actually no, it fails because the mount point isn't there.  So I
> assume the hotplug events do something to create the directory first, mount
> to it, and delete it on umount.  I guess I'm wondering how to do the same,
> for consistency.
>
> Scully

Hey Scully,

   It sounds like you could write a pair of short bash scripts to handle
this.  You could then place them in the start up and shutdown routines
that are part of the runlevels.  You can see several examples of such
scripts in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory.  Just have the start up
version create the directory and mount the drive, and the shutdown
version umount and delete the directory.  Hope this helps.

--
Jeff Hogg
System Admin.