Mysql rpm upgrade

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Mar 27 17:02:55 UTC 2008

Andrew,

>Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:10:19 +0000
>From: Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
>
>I do have a test machine i can use for this purpose.
>
>If anyone has upgraded Mysql before please let me know the steps I need to
>take.

Actually, I just upgraded. The box was RHEL 4/4, and had been running MySQL 4.1.7, which came on the RHEL CD. I upgraded to 5.1.20.

Do back up the d/b before you do anything, but that's std.

Also, please be sure you shut down the mysql daemon *before* you upgrade.... <agony elided>

Then I just did rpm -Uvh on the pieces I needed, and made the few config file changes I needed to, and brought up the daemon.

     mark