Redhat Update question

Khachatur Shahinyan khachatur.shahinyan at arca.am
Tue Mar 11 06:37:59 UTC 2008

Barry Brimer wrote:
>> Dear Redhat Users, I have two question about Redhat Linux updating
>> procedure. First: Is it possible to update the server's major
>> version, like from RHEL4 to RHEL5, online?
>
> A clean install is recommended for upgrades between major releases.
>
> And the second, what should i do to update my server if it
>> is not connected to internet.
>> For additional information: I'm running RHEL AS4 on two machines, one
>> is the "real" server and it is not online, and the second one is
>> "testing" server which is online.
>> I'm  new  to  Redhat , and any help will be appreciated.
>
> If you want to use Red Hat supported software use RHN Satellite.  If
> you are OK with something free/open source, you can use mrepo.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Barry

Dear Barry thank You for quick response.
It seems, i did not explain my goal clearly. I just need to update my
existing software on the server which was installed with RHEL AS4, and
also i need to install the critical updates and patches released  by
Redhat.
I don't know about mrepo.Will that be useful in this issue?