Novice question about laptops and wireless

Virden, Larry W. lvirden at cas.org
Tue Mar 18 14:42:01 UTC 2008

I unfortunately don't have the laptop model with me right now, nor the
model of the wireless card - two really good pieces of information that
I should have gotten before I posted. I apologize.

As for what I mean by old - the laptop is 7 or more years old, I'd
hazard a guess.

How can I tell between RH and RHEL?

As for what I want to do with the laptop - two things. The number one
thing I want to do is to be able to take it to the library, connect to
their wi-fi, and use a web browser to browse web sites, read email, etc.

The second thing I want to do is to be able to install a version of tcl
and supplimental libraries and write some code.  I don't envision that
to be a big deal - the compiles will be a limited number, and the
interpreter runs normally with minimal impact on the system.

So, if I can get the wi-fi stuff to work, I should be pretty well set.