A tool CD question

飞文染翰 aronmalache at 163.com
Thu Mar 20 12:46:29 UTC 2008

 I am preparing to be a network administrator,I really need a LiveCD contains lots of useful tools,but I don't know what are them and where I can get them.Could you give me some suggestions so that I can get one I need.Most important thing is that the CD must contains many hard disk tools with lvm2,ext3,and etc.support,and also backup tools.I have to face many disk problems because some of the computers in the network are old computers which used to run Windows98,but it will be change into Linux,there must be lots of problems during the work,but cause by the upgrade of the central server, still using windwos98 is not a good choice,because I must do a lot of things between two kinds of operating system and to deal with the non-stop win32 virus- many users here are only at the stage of 'using computer'.Another is the network support,such as ssh cilent and ftp cilent.I used to be a web server administrator,this time upgrade a network ,is a challenge.I can use command line very well,and kind of getting used to it,that is say I can use doing something that really don't need a GUI.With my efforts and practise,I think I can do a professional work.

 Thank you!

Aron