Installing HA with RHEL 5.1 Cluster suite

Florez, Nestor NFlorez at sdcwa.org
Fri Mar 21 19:18:07 UTC 2008

I was wondering if there are any expert on HA using rhel cluster suite.

I followed the instruction on installing and set up but it is not working for me

1) Call the RHEL support # but they are out for the Holidays

I have 2 nodes 10.100.1.170 and 10.100.1.170
I also have 10.100.1.169 because when creating the resources it asked for an ip
I am trying to set the RHEL cluster suite and it is not working.
My 2 systems Wahoo and Wahoo2 when I do a system-config-cluster
they do not see each other as members of the cluster.

I had the problem yesterday but I added 10.100.1.169 as a static address to bond0
on Wahoo and the cluster does not recognized Wahoo2 as a member.
I went ahead and reset bond0 as dhcp and my problem did not disappeared.

If anyone have a better steps for setting the cluster, let me know because I follow
the steps in RHEL's documentation and it did not work.  It was working yesterday because
a support guy from RHEL did all of this commands and got it working but nothing I have tried
today is working.

Any help about clustering is welcome.

Thanks,

Néstor :-)