A tool CD question

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Mar 23 16:22:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, 飞文染翰 wrote:

> I am preparing to be a network administrator, I really need a LiveCD
> contains lots of useful tools, but I don't know what are them and where
> I  can get them.
>
> Could you give me some suggestions so that I can get one I need. Most
> important thing is that the CD must contains many hard disk tools with
> lvm2, ext3, and etc. support, and also backup tools.

I have been very please by Recovery Is Possible (RIP). You can get it
from:

 	http://ftp.leg.uct.ac.za/pub/linux/rip/

It can be used as a CD as well as a kernel/initrd for PXE booting. You
have a graphical version (that contains gparted, much like Partition
Magic) or a console version which is much smaller to boot.

Hope that is useful ?