RHEL5 and Open Office

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Thu Mar 27 20:13:20 UTC 2008

Quoting Michael Scully <agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com>:

> 	Did RedHat stop distributing Open Office for RHEL5?  I can't see
> where I can select it from the Add/Remove Software utility.  If that's the
> case, what's the cleanest way to install it elsewhere and keep it up to
> date?
>
> Scully

Text:

As root, type 'yum list openoffice*'.  Find the packages you want and do a 'yum
install <package1> <package2>'

Graphical:

Go to Add/Remove Software, select 'Applications' from the left panel, select
'Office/Productivity' from the right panel, click on the 'Optional Packages'
button, and select the openoffice packages you are interested in.  When you're
done, click 'Close' and 'Apply'.

Hope this helps.

Barry