RedHat 5.1 CUPS problems

Billy Davis bdavis at cds-corp.com
Tue May 20 18:23:58 UTC 2008

We are trying to upgrade from Red Hat Enterprise 3 to Red Hat Enterprise
5.1 and everything was going great until we tried to print with CUPS.
We have both the old and new Red Hat servers networked into the same
HP4250 LaserJet.  Our applications are identical on both systems.  When
we try to print a portrait form with CUPS 1.1 on the old Server, it
prints fine.  But, when we try to print the same form on the new server
with CUPS 1.2, the lines start wrapping at about column 71.  Also, forms
that contain both CR+LF print double spaced under CUPS 1.2, but they
print fine under CUPS 1.1.

We have compared the actual print file from both servers, and they are
the same, so obviously CUPS is acting differently.

We are setup for 6lpi and 12cpi.  For 3 days we have been changing
settings, but nothing seems to help.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
BDavis