pam + cifs + automount

Diego Brito Veiga - b04917 diego.veiga at freescale.com
Thu May 29 13:34:46 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

By tests purposes if I configured the automount and include the
following lines:
# /etc/auto.master
/mnt                file:/etc/auto.cifs               --timeout=300
# /etc/auto.cifs
teste
-fstype=cifs,rw,user=USER,password=PASSWD,,uid=UID,gid=GID,domain=WINDOMAIN
://WINSERVER/public

The mountpoint /mnt/teste works ok. It mounts the windows driver with
the correct uid/gid permission.

Couple doubts:
If I remove the options uid/gid it will mount as root permission. Will I
need to specify the uid/gid to mount as normal user?

I would like to use pam module to authenticate the user instead of using
the options user= and password=.

I am concerned to use the uid/gid in the auto.cifs because it will be
limited to only that user to mount the windows driver.

Looking for the pam_cifs module I don't understand how can I specify the
credentials in the auto.cifs to use the pam module.

Can someone point me a way to mount the windows folder with any user
uid/gid permission using automount with pam authentication.

cheers,

--
Diego Brito Veiga
Freescale Semiconductors

[x] Freescale Semiconductor - Public Information
[ ] Freescale Semiconductor - Internal Information
[ ] Freescale Semiconductor - Confidential Information