Adding posix users and groups in Directory Server

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:12:45 UTC 2008

Hi.

Is it possible to set up RH Directory Server so that adding RH
Enterprise linux (posix) users and groups can be done smooth and
efficiently? As of now it seems like I must add the users, choose posix user
setup, create a new group, and add the posixgroup objectclass. This seems
like a thing that could be done in one batch by createing a new template or
something like that. I guess doing this by importing LDIF-files may be a
good approach, but would like to explore how this can be done in the
console.

Also, what is the best way to make the user home directories on the LDAP
clients?

Regrads,
Kenneth Holter