Kickstart and RHEL 5

Joshua Gimer jgimer at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:33:26 UTC 2008

You can do all of this in %post --nochroot. Where did you find that
you cannot do this in RHEL5?

I think that you are misinterpreting the installation guide: http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-postinstallconfig.html

Just copy your data from the media to where you would like under /mnt/
sysimage/.

Have you tried this yet, or were you strictly basing this assumption
off of the installation guide?

Joshua Gimer