Shell hangs when using "screen" and "emacs"

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:05:33 UTC 2008

Hi.

I log onto your servers using SSH, and typically run emacs within a
screen session. I try and use shortcuts (for example Ctrl plus some
key) in emacs, but whenever I type an erroneous shortcut the entire
shell freezes and I'm forced to kill the window and restart the SSH
session.

I think this problem has something to do with using emacs within a
screen session, but I'm not sure how to debug it. Has anyone had the
same problem, and knows how to correct it?

Regrads,
kenneho