Find Hidden Script

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Mon May 12 14:34:14 UTC 2008

Hello Barry,
                       Just looked at the tmpwatch and there is nothing
relevant in there.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   Barry Brimer              |                                           |
|   <lists at brimer.org>        |                                           |
|   Sent by:                  |                                         To|
|   redhat-list-bounces at redhat|               General Red Hat Linux       |
|   .com                      |               discussion list             |
|                             |               <redhat-list at redhat.com>    |
|   12/05/2008 15:26          |                                         cc|
|                             |                                           |
|         Please respond to   |                                    Subject|
|       General Red Hat Linux |               Re: Find Hidden Script      |
|          discussion list    |                                           |
|      <redhat-list at redhat.com|                                           |
|                 >           |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

> I am currently trying to track down a script that is run on one of our
> redhat machines which was put in place by someone no longer in the
company.
> The script basically runs a remove on a temp area but we now want to stop
> it doing this but unfortunately I cannot see it in any crons on the
> machine. I have looked at all the logical account for the crons to be
> running under but have had no luck. Does anyone know a good way of
finding
> out who and where on the machine it is running from.

Have you looked at /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch ??

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Tata Steel UK Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities