Find Hidden Script

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Mon May 12 14:37:21 UTC 2008

It seems to run weekly.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   "Chet Nichols III"        |                                           |
|   <chet.nichols at gmail.com>  |                                           |
|   Sent by:                  |                                         To|
|   redhat-list-bounces at redhat|                                   "General|
|   .com                      |                                   Red Hat |
|                             |                                   Linux   |
|   12/05/2008 15:30          |                                   discussi|
|                             |                                   on list"|
|         Please respond to   |                                   <redhat-|
|       General Red Hat Linux |                                   list at red|
|          discussion list    |                                   hat.com>|
|      <redhat-list at redhat.com|                                         cc|
|                 >           |                                           |
|                             |                                    Subject|
|                             |                                   Re: Find|
|                             |                                   Hidden  |
|                             |                                   Script  |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

How often does it run? :D
Chet

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org> wrote:

> > I am currently trying to track down a script that is run on one of our
> > redhat machines which was put in place by someone no longer in the
> company.
> > The script basically runs a remove on a temp area but we now want to
> stop
> > it doing this but unfortunately I cannot see it in any crons on the
> > machine. I have looked at all the logical account for the crons to be
> > running under but have had no luck. Does anyone know a good way of
> finding
> > out who and where on the machine it is running from.
>
> Have you looked at /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch ??

/*
Chet Nichols III
mail: chet.nichols at gmail.com
(aim: chet / twitter: chet)
*/

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Tata Steel UK Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities