Configuring Network intallation server

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Fri May 16 12:55:22 UTC 2008

Hi Girish,
To get started and to keep it simple setup an http server where you copy
the contents of the Redhat DVD to. The directory in which the contents
are copied should be accesable via http. If you type the address in you
browser you should be able to see the files.

Then create a kickstart file, you can use the kickstart file created by
doing a manual install. The file is called anaconda-ks.cfg and can be
found in /root/

Boot the machine you want to install with a CD and then use kernel
parameters to specify location of install media and kickstart file.

Once you get this working you are halfway there.

Next step depending on how fancy you want your network install to become
is to configure a pxe server which will take away the need for a CD.

All of the steps are easy but together they can be a bit daunting at
first, reason being why I have adviced to break it up and do it little
by little.

One of the replies to your question had a link which is a good start as
well. Other than that google is your friend and any specific questions
with problems you expierence can be answered on this list or subscribe
yourself to the kickstart list:

The archives is also worth browsing through.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Regards