growisofs not working

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Mon May 19 13:42:55 UTC 2008

Paul,

	I was running growisofs as root.  cdrecord for writing cds works, so
I believe that writing to /dev/hdb is ok.

	cdrecord -scanbus  shows

scsibus0:
0,0,0		ATA		Disk
scsibus2:
2,0,0		HL-DT-ST  DVD+-RW GWA4164B  D108  CD-ROM

whether I have a cd or a dvd in the device.

Is my entry in /etc/fstab causing the problem?

/dev/cdrom1	/mnt/cdrom1		udf,iso9660 noauto,owner, kudzu,rw