Linux server time getting out of sync frequently.

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Tue May 27 19:46:24 UTC 2008

as i thought!!

you're going to need to do some research, because i can't recall where the
info is for your issue.

rhel/vmware is known to cause timing issues with the rhel guest os.

search google for things like: vmware linux timing sync (etc..)

as i recall, there are a few parameters you can set within the vmware app
for the guest os, in order to sync the timing, and to stop the skew from
occuring...

i think you might also have to modify the kernel startup attributes.

the behavior you're seeing has nothing to do with your ntp setup..

good luck!!