SAN connection

Sanjay Chakraborty sanjaychakrab at gmail.com
Wed May 28 03:01:18 UTC 2008

Hi there,
After seeing through fdisk -l (if your san is connected it will show sda,
sdb etc) based on number of LUN allocated. If your HBA is one connection
then it should be alright other wise you need multipath driver as example
RDAC for IBM, otherwise you will see the same disk twice.
Once you shuttle that you can partition and format as like local hard drive.
Hope it will help.

2008/5/27 Geofrey Rainey <Geofrey.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz>:

> Hi,
>
> 1. Normally fiber using an HBA - does that make sense?
> 2. Assuming 1 has been done, can you see the disk with
> the following command? :
>
> fdisk -l
>
> These are essential before proceeding.

Regards.