Problem with dependencies during up2date -u

Erling Ringen Elvsrud erlingre at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:12:26 UTC 2008

On 5/28/08, Erling Ringen Elvsrud <erlingre at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use RH-satellite server and want to update a server. The up2date -u
> session looks like this:
[...]
> package system-config-printer-gui-0.6.116.10-1.2 is already installed
> package php-pear-4.3.9-3.22.9 is already installed
> package httpd-suexec-2.0.52-38.ent.2 is already installed
> package httpd-manual-2.0.52-38.ent.2 is already installed

I posted this a bit early as I managed to find this one:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/red-hat-31/up2date-problems-go-here-89379/page17.html

The problem was that two versions each of system-config-printer-gui, php-pear,
httpd-suexec, and httpd-manual were installed. I removed one of the
versions and executed up2date -u again which finished sucessfully.

Erling