Changing coloured vi to html or word doc.

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Wed May 28 15:55:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 08:43:24AM -0700, Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone advice on a method of converting the code (bash) highligting
> in vim to html or something else that I can use in ms word.

This this:

  1. Load the file you want to convert.
  2. Enter command mode in vim (hit ESC)
  3. Enter in the following:

    :runtime! syntax/2html.vim

This should split a new window open containing the HTML version of the
file you were looking at -- syntax highlighting included.  You can then
save it to an html file.

2html.vim should be part of the vim-common package.

Ray