Managaing over 100 servers spread at different locations

David Tonhofer redhatter at m-plify.net
Mon Nov 10 10:59:51 UTC 2008

chaim.rieger at gmail.com wrote:
> Clusterssh
> Webmin (not really recommende)
> Svn/cvs
> Syslog-ng

- SVN for centrally managing scripts and pushing them out/pulling fixes
in (you need an update script to run at each machine)
- KVM hardware to control the machines' console and if possibly power
supply remotely, otherwise you won't be able to test booting and things
will fail at the first occasion
- dancer's shell (http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/dsh.html.en)
which I haven't tried yet though (on my todo)
- MRTG or better rrdtool plus associated helper scripts to graph nice
curves of machine/OS behaviour (setting up the scripts involves
insiduous work, maybe look for a commercial solution)