OT: wget does not use downloaded stylesheet

Yong Huang yong321 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 20:11:16 UTC 2008

Excuse me for this off-topic message, but I think Linux users can help me. I use "wget -r -p http://somewebsite" to try to download everything to my laptop. The intent is to view the pages even if I'm offline. -r for recursive and -p for page requisite. The stylesheets and all images are correctly downloaded. But the HTML code is not changed to use the downloaded stylesheet. For example (I only changed the real domain to example.com):

	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://example.com/.design.css" media="screen"><style>html {background-image:url('http://example.com/Backgrounds/Floral/natfl176.jpg');background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;}</style>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://example.com/Members/Generationz/Standard/PrintCSS/print.css" media="print">

So if my laptop is offline, the page is not rendered correctly. I can't think of an easy way to correct this except by manually modifying the stylesheet URL. Any advice?

Yong Huang