NTP problem for virtual RHEL 4 server on VmWare

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 08:25:28 UTC 2008

Interesting observation. Our troublesome VM has been running for quite a log
while, though, and it still seems quite unstable. We just rebooted it with
the kernel parameters mentioned in http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006427 (thank
you Mr. Dill), and I'll post the results back here in a day or two.
Hopefully it will solve our problem, even thogh it didn't solve yours.

What puzzles me is why this VM drifts so much, while most of our other VMs
doens't (at least not more than NTPd can handle).