irq timeout Busy message for cdrom drive

DD W ddwx2 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:46:00 UTC 2008

How can I stop/suppress the irq timeout messages in /var/log/messages for a cdrom drive?  The messages repeat on a regular basis (approximately every 6 hours).

The hardware is an HP Proliant DL385 G2 running RHEL4 Update 7.

Contents of /proc/ide/ide0/hda/model: DV-28E-V
Contents of /proc/ide/ide0/hda/driver: ide-cdrom version 4.61

The text appearing in the messages file include:

 kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
 kernel: hda: irq timeout: error=0x00
 kernel: hda: ATAPI reset complete

Thanks in advance