RHEL vs SUSE

Andrey Meganov a.meganov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 08:19:24 UTC 2008

Suse has a lot of non mainstream technology, which they are
eliminating later, breaking the compatibility.

Like they used to offer reiserfs as a default fs. Which is ehhh
breaking badly sometimes.

They used to offer AppArmor, which is now being replaced.

There are more of such examples. Custom OpenOffice with early OOXML
support etc.

Do you really trust the company that changes their mind so
frequently? ;))

Br, andrey

P.s. I'll search for a couple of slides that compare both and send
them to you in case i find them.

Sent from my iPhone as I am away from office